HSI principals have engaged in a wide range of conflict engagement activities, from training to mediation to systems design. A few examples of work done by the HSI principals are:
Facilitation of group discussion. HSI was involved as a facilitator in multi-party discussions about the discipline policy for the Fairfax County (VA) school system.
Training and Education Program Design and Delivery. HSI has designed and delivered training for a variety of organizations, including:
- US Department of Agriculture (multiple agencies)
- Multiple commercial airlines and railroads in the U.S.
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific
- Dominican University, Chicago
- Southern Methodist University, Dallas
- Creighton University, Omaha
- University of Massachusetts Amherst
- George Mason University, Virginia
Presentations and Short Courses. HSI principals have to many presentations and short courses to list in full. A short list of organizations to which presentations and short courses have been presented include:
- The Scheinman Institute (Cornell University)
- The Internet Bar.Org
- The American Bar Association
- The Association for Conflict Resoution
- The Northern Virginia Mediation Service
- The National Institutes of Health
- The International Monetary Fund
- The World Bank
- The International Council for Online Dispute Resolution
- The Virginia Mediation Network
- The Texas Association of Mediators
- Congress Portugal
- Centro Brasileiro de Mediacao e Arbitration
- Instituto de Certificacao e Formacao de Mediadores Lusofonos
- The American Arbitration Association
- International Mediation Institute
ADR/ODR System Design. Three brief examples:
US Army MEDCOM – Daniel Rainey was involved in a project for the US Army MEDCOM in reaction to the 2007 problems at the Walter Reed Medical Center. A design was produced and implemented that put in place an online portal to the Ombudsman Office, and placed Ombudsmen in multiple MEDCOM locations around the world.
U.S. Department of Agriculture – HSI principals designed dispute resolution systems and served as trainers and mediatord for multiple agencies within the Department.
U.S. National Institutes of Health – HSI principles designed and delivered training for the Office of Operations for the NIH. The ADR program they designed for the Office was later adopted by the entire NIH and became part of the NIH Ombudsman Office.
ADR Services. HSI principals have served as mediators, facilitators, and coaches for employees of the State of Virginia, the National Mediation Board, the U.S.Department of Agriculture, The U. S. Department of Transportation, George Mason University, and a host of other entities.